Union Ministers Dr Kan Zaw, U Maung Maung Ohn and U Aung Naing Oo attended the opening ceremony of 7th China-South East Asia Exposition, and 27th China Kunming Export and Import Fair, which was held at Kunming Dianchi Lake International Convention and Exhibition Centre in Yunnan Province on 16 August.
At 7th China-South East Asia Exposition, Union Minister U Aung Naing Oo together with representatives from China, ASEAN and South Asia countries made speeches as follows:
- As Myanmar is located as a bridge between China and South Asia countries, cooperation will be emphasized by initiating the fastest-developed region through regional economic, trade and investment measures;
- The third batch meeting to enhance the ASEAN-China Free Trade Agreement-ACFTA 3.0 took place as an agreement of the regional economic cooperation in Kunming in June 2023;
- Further meetings would focus on the digital economy and green economic sectors to establish the free trade area comprising all sectors in addition to investment and service sectors.
At the expo, more than 100 merchants and entrepreneurs from Myanmar will display the agricultural products, handicrafts and precious jewellery items in 36 galleries. Moreover, ASEAN and South Asian countries, more than 80 countries and regions around the world will join the expo.
Minister of Foreign Affairs, Director of the Office of the Central Commission for Foreign Affairs, Member of the Political Bureau of the CPC Central Committee, Mr.Wang Yi, Prime Minister of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka, H.E Dinesh Gunawarden, Vice President of Nepal H.E Ran Sahay Prasad Yadav, Secretary of CPC Yunnan Provincial Committee of the People’s Republic of China H. E. Mr. Wang Ning, the Governor of Yunnan Province of the People's Republic of China Mr. Wang Yubo, Vice President of the Lao People's Democratic Republic, H.E. Pany Yatho Tou, Deputy Prime Minister of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, Mr. Tran Luu Quang, Vice Minister of Economy of the People's Republic of China, H.E Li Fei, Ministry of Foreign Relations of the CPC Central Committee, Deputy Minister H.E Sun Haiyan, Minister of Industry, Commerce and Employment H.E. Karma Dorji, Assistant Foreign Minister of China, at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China, H.E. Nong Rong, Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Republic of Maldives, Mr. Ahmed Khaleel, Minister of Industry, Development and Commerce Jose de Jesus Bermudez, Republic of Nicaragua, Minister of Industry and Economy, H.E Jesu's Ber-mudez, French parliamentarian H.E Philippe Folliot attended the ceremony, it is reported.
Source: The Global New Light of Myanmar (17-8-2023)
- Union Ministers attended the opening ceremony of 7th China-South East Asia Exposition, and 27th China Kunming Export and Import Fair.
- At the expo, more than 100 merchants and entrepreneurs from Myanmar will display the agricultural products, handicrafts and precious jewellery items in 36 galleries.