Myanmar delegation led by Union Minister for Hotels and Tourism Dr Thet Thet Khine attended the forum that was jointly held by the Economic Development Ministry of Russia, St. Petersburg Government Committee for External Relations of Saint Petersburg, the St Petersburg Tourism Development Committee, the St Petersburg Convention Bureau, Roscongress and the tourism entrepreneurs’ Association from 13 to 15 December.
On 13 December, the Union Minister attended the discussion under the topic of Russia Friendly: Inbound Tourism in a Multipolar World at St Petersburg Business Hotel and discussed potential bilateral cooperation in future.
On 14 December, the Myanmar delegation attended the plenary session held at Four Seasons Hotel, and the Union minister talked-
- Various tourism-related businesses being operated in the country as the visitors can visit Myanmar the whole year round.
- Increase in numbers of tourist arrivals mostly from Thailand, China, Japan and Korea.
- The expectation to attract travellers from ASEAN countries, China, India and Russia.
- Myanmar-Russia direct flight, visa relaxation for Russian tourists.
- Willingness to work closely between governments and private sectors.
On 15 December, the Union minister and party met Mr Vyacheslav Kalganov, Vice-Chairman of the Committee for External Relations of St. Petersburg and Mrs Nana Gvichia, Vice-President of the St Petersburg Tourism Development Committee at Smolny Hall of St Petersburg Government. During the meeting, they openly discussed projects to be implemented under the MoU on tourism cooperation, promotion of Myanmar-Russia tourism and travel exchanges.
Over 1,000 participants from over 40 countries attended the forum. The purpose of the Forum is to share good practice of tourism industry and the attendees’ experience regarding national planning. It is reported.
Source: Global News Light of Myanmar (19-12-2023)
- Myanmar delegation led by Union Minister for Hotels and Tourism Dr. Thet Thet Khine attends St Petersburg International Travel Forum at St Petersburg in Russia and discussed potential bilateral cooperation in future.
- Over 1,000 participants from over 40 countries attended the forum. The purpose of the Forum is to share good practice of tourism industry and the attendees’ experience regarding national planning. It is reported.