Union Minister for Legal Affairs and Union Attorney-General Dr. Thida Oo and Myanmar delegation met with the Russian Prosecutor to discuss matters related to the implementation of the Memorandum of Cooperation on Legal Affairs during the 8th Eastern Economic Forum (EEF) which was held from 10 to 13 September in Vladivostok of the Russian Federation.
During the 8th Eastern Economic Forum, Union Minister and Union Attorney-General discussed as follows:
- The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) were adopted by all United Nations Member States in 2015 to end poverty, reduce inequality and build more peaceful, prosperous societies by 2030.
- The SDGs were adopted in line with the international laws as well as the purposes and principles of the UN Charter.
- Being a member country of the ASEAN, Myanmar follows the ASEAN charter and principles.
- It can be seen the Agreements like the ASEAN Regional Economic Integration Cooperation Agreement, Free Trade Agreements between ASEAN and Dialogue Partners, and ASEAN Agreement on Enhancing Technology to Resolve Conflicts.
- The global countries are improving day-by-day, especially in technology arena, those countries should amend and enact the legal frameworks in conformity with modern era in changing economic related policies.
The attendees exchanged views on the matters related to the sustainable development at the 8th EEF.
Source: MWD (16-9-2023)
- The Union Minister and Union Attorney-General met with the Russian Prosecutor to discuss matters related to the implementation of the Memorandum of Cooperation on Legal Affairs, and delivered remarks at the 8th EEF.