Union Minister for Social Welfare, Relief and Resettlement Dr. Soe Win received a delegation led by Mr. Marcoluigi Corsi, Resident Representative to Myanmar from United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) at the meeting hall of the ministry on 14 September. During the meeting, both sides cordially discussed as follows:
- The collaborative efforts of the Ministry and UNICEF on child protection, social care services and raising mine awareness;
- The tasks being undertaken by the Department of Social Welfare under Nation-wide Case Management Supervision Unit;
- Information transparency including raising mine awareness between the Ministry and UNICEF, and Psycho-Social Support; and
- The promotion of cooperation between the ministry and UNICEF.
The meeting was attended by deputy minister U Soe Kyi, directors-general of relevant departments and officials.
Source: MWD (15-9-2023)
- During the meeting between Union Minister Dr. Soe Win and, Resident Representative to Myanmar from UNICEF, views were cordially exchanged on the information transparency including raising mine awareness between the Ministry and UNICEF, and the promotion of cooperation between the ministry and UNICEF.