On 12 June 2023, two male terrorists made a grenade attack on Lewe Myoma police station, and in the evening of the same day, three other terrorists also carried out a grenade attack on the entrance (2) to the MICC-II. According to relentless efforts of security forces round the clock and the information tip-offed by the people who oppose the acts of violence, security force managed to arrest the two perpetrators and other two accomplices within 10 hours and it was already reported on 13 June.
According to the confession of arrested perpetrators, it was found out that Myint Kyaw, the main perpetrator of the terrorist cases, is reportedly hiding in Thirimingalar village. When security arrived there to arrest him, he tried to escape to Laukki town. Following the cooperative and coordinative efforts with security forces in Laukki town, he was arrested in No (2) ward, Laukki town in the evening of 19 June and then brought to Nay Pyi Taw for further investigation.
According to interrogation results of the arrested perpetrators, security forces found CZ-2075 RAMI Pistol and 7 rounds of its bullet buried and hidden in the earth beneath a tree located between Shar Taw village and Alyinlo village of Zabuthiri township, and moreover, a Bretta Pistol and 15 rounds of its bullet hidden in the kitchen of Myit Kyaw’s house in Thirimingalar village in the morning of 21 June.
To sum up, a total of five male perpetrators have been arrested along with two pistols, 22 rounds of pistol bullet, a grenade and a motorbike used in committing terrorist crimes.
According to the confessions of arrested offenders, it is found out that Myint Kyaw had received two pistols and 30 rounds of 9 mm bullet and eight grenades from Zin Yaw (to be arrested), a leader of so-called Sittaung Urban Guerilla on 26 February to carry out terrorist attacks in Nay Pyi Taw Council Territory. He had received the pistols and ammos in two separated deliveries and hid the items in his house.
It was further found out that seven bombing attacks were carried out in Nay Pyi Taw Council Territory as per the orders of Zin Yaw (to be arrested) as follows –
- Myint Kyaw and Thet Naing threw a grenade into the house of U Mya Nyein in Shwe Kyar Pin ward of Zabuthiri township on 28 February 2023.
- Three offenders, Myint Kyaw, Thet Naing and Ye Naing threw a grenade and attacked the police security outpost located at the junction Chaing village road of Zabuthiri township on 2 March 2023.
- Thet Naing and Ye Naing threw a grenade and attacked the electric power sub-station in Dekhina Thiri township on 13 April 2023.
- The same two perpetrators again threw a grenade and attack the police security outpost located to the west of advanced market of Zabuthiri township on 16 April.
- The same two perpetrators also fired pistol and threw a grenade to the police security outpost located at the corner of Yarzathingaha road and Thirimandaing road of Ottara Thiri township on 3 May 2023.
- The same two perpetrators sneakily attacked the police force members of Lewe Myoma police station by throwing a grenade on 12 June.
- Similarly, two perpetrators of Myint Kyaw and Thet Naing carried out a grenade attack on the entrance (2) to the MICC-II on 12 June.
Further measures will be taken to take legal actions against the arrested perpetrators, it is reported.
Source: Myawady Daily Newspaper (23-6-2023)
- A total of five male perpetrators of terrorist acts in Nay Pyi Taw Council Territory have been arrested along with two pistols, 22 rounds of pistol bullet, a grenade and a motorbike used in committing terrorist crimes.
- Arrested perpetrators carried out seven grenade attacks in Nay Pyi Taw Council Territory as per the orders of Zin Yaw (to be arrested).